Our Sustainability Policy is based on a systematic approach to the management of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), Asset Integrity and Social Responsibility, in accordance with applicable Country Laws and Regulations, adopted Local and International Standards and best practices.
This policy is applied with the same level of diligence accorded to every other critical activity of our business. If there is a conflict of priorities, our employees are empowered to take actions that ensure that HSE takes precedence. In doing so, we demonstrate our commitment to the core principles and fundamental features of the Chemical Industries Responsible Care® Charter.
We are committed to:
- Pursuing a goal of no harm to people, the environment, the community or the reputation of Borouge
- Minimising waste and emissions, conserving energy and optimising the use of natural resources
- Identifying all operational hazards and minimising the associated risks to a level which is as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Ensuring that the design, operational and technical integrity of our assets are sustained throughout their life cycle
- Establishing appropriate security measures and controls against identified threats
- Understanding and respecting the social, cultural and legal aspects of the countries and markets in which we operate, working together with various stakeholders to add value and make a positive contribution
- Advancing sustainable development across the value chain by ensuring that our products are properly used and handled, and that they are produced to have a maximum positive impact on health, safety and the environment throughout their entire life cycle
We will demonstrate our commitment to this policy by promoting visible leadership and a proactive HSE culture, by requiring contractors to manage HSE in line with this policy, by setting performance targets that aim for continuous improvement, and by implementing effective monitoring and transparent reporting systems.
We will ensure the HSE competency of our people and that they have defined roles with clear responsibilities and accountabilities. We will provide them with the necessary tools, resources, training and management support to meet this commitment, and we will appraise and reward them accordingly.
Click here .. to learn more about our sustainability policy