Borouge offers polyolefins for packaging solutions produced through blow moulding processing techniques. Our plastic materials for bottles are environmentally friendly, made from recyclable polyolefins.
Our range consists of high density polyethylene (HDPE) and polypropylene random copolymer grades for blow moulding applications. These materials can be used to produce bottles or bottle-like containers in a variety of applications, including:
- Household and chemical products (HIC)
- Food product applications that require high protection and high quality
- Cosmetic creams and shampoos
- Baby feeder bottles
Each of our grades has been developed for a specific application. Moreover, we offer grades that can be used with a variety of production techniques, including extrusion blow moulding (EBM), injection blow moulding (IBM) and injection stretch blow moulding (ISBM).
BB2588MO for Extrusion Blow Moulding (EBM)
Our high density polyethylene (HDPE) grade BB2588 is particularly suited for applications that require high stiffness and top load, such as household chemicals and industrial products containers.. BB2588 made with Borouge propeitary Borstar process, has good balance of stiffness-chemical (environmental stress cracking, ESCR) resistance has very low taste and odour levels, and is easy to process. Possible end products best served with BB2588 are:
- Detergent and chemical containers,
- Fruit juice and dairy bottles.
It increases both top loads and chemical resistance and have very low taste and odour and are also easy to process.
RB307MO for Extrusion Blow Moulding (EBM)
RB307MO, our polypropylene (PP) product grade, is perfect for applications where transparency to see the bottle’s contents is required. RB307MO deliver excellent impact resistance , aesthetic, and high stiffness. Other advantages of this PP grade are:
- Excellent taste, odour and organoleptic behaviour
- Good processability
- Excellent impact resistance
- High top load
- Weight reduction
Typical consumer goods packaged in containers made from RB307MO PP are:
- Personal care
- Fabric & floor detergents
- Coffee powder
RE420MO PP for Injection Stretch Blow Moulding (ISBM)
RE420MO is a PP grade specially designed to give a transparency similar to glass, while providing high top load and stiffness. This grade has a very good water vapour barrier to protect dry food, and is perfect for engraving on the bottles. The material’s high processability and lower pressure allow for energy savings in production. Other benefits of RE420MO are:
- Possible weight reduction over other transparent materials (eg. Glass, PET, PC) due to density of PP
- Consumer safety (no breakage like glass)
- Potential for hot filling
- Very good organoleptic
- High line productivity
- No drying of the material before blowing
- Suitable for moisture barrier solutions