Borouge produces a wide range of polypropylene resins for the speciality household market. These materials are well-suited for:
- indoor and outdoor storage systems,
- juvenile care,
- furniture for indoor and outdoor,
- sports equipment,
- do-it-yourself (DIY) products such as paint brushes,
- garden articles
Our polypropylene grades are high-flow products which enable efficient processing and more design freedom while keeping optimal mechanical properties. They provide benefits such as:
- increased throughput for converters due to reduced cooling time, easy processing and high flowability;
- design freedom for the brand owner to create new, attractive shapes;
- superior stackability through high stiffness and excellent creep properties so that it’s easy to both stack and un-stack articles, and they do not collect dust;
- excellent transparency which is particularly important for products such as kitchenware
- very low taste and odour, good for applications that come into contact with food
For retailers and consumers, speciality household products produced using Borealis polypropylene offer high gloss, very low stress whitening properties and low dust collection. They also have very good impact properties, ensuring their safety and longer product life. Converters will profit from a reduction in cycle time thanks to the high flow and our proprietary Borealis Nucleation Technology (BNT). Moreover, the brand owner will be able to experiment with design and optics to achieve complex shapes.
RG568MO is the product of choice for transparent containers like food savers. Virtually odour free, and with a pleasant aesthetic appearance, this high purity random copolymer is also processing extremely fast thanks to Borealis Nucleation Technology (BNT).
RJ766MO is a highly transparent random copolymer PP that is well suited for articles with long flow length to thickness ratio. Formulated to exhibit excellent antistatic properties without risk of blooming, this product is also recognised for its very fast processing in injection moulding, due to its high flow, stiffness and good demoulding behaviour. The high flowability also makes RJ766MO ideally suited for complex shapes and geometries, giving more freedom for houseware designers.
Bormod™ BF970MO is a heterophasic polypropylene used for applications where outstanding impact-stiffness balance is needed. Bormod™ BF970MO is made using our unique Borealis Nucleation Technology (BNT) which provides a highly uniform crystalline structure during cooling and rapid solidification for earlier de-moulding and higher output in the IM process. Up to 20% decrease in cycle time has been achieved, compared to traditional products. This is perfect for storage boxes or furniture applications.