Designs of car exteriors are changing rapidly to present new styling, provide higher safety performance and contribute more to weight reduction.
In the fast growing new energy vehicle segment, key exterior features such as bumpers which were traditionally made with metal are being replaced with low density plastic with thin wall design.
Borouge and Borealis offer a wide range of polypropylene compounds for bumper, fender, body panel and grill applications. Metal replacement, high integration of the functions and low thermal expansion performance are the key technical requirements for such applications.
Key benefits for customers:
- Low density, high flow and excellent mechanical performance
- UV stabilised material for unpainted exterior trims
- Excellent paintability and aesthetic quality
- Low shrinkage high dimensional stability
- Greater design freedom
- Metallic colours to reduce painting process
- Plastic body panel achieves weight savings of 50% compared to metal