INNOVATION AT BOROUGE
At Borouge we drive innovation to strengthen our competitive advantage and improve the quality and sustainability of our products. Our products' portfolio enables our customers to have tailored properties that suit their industrial requirements and add value to their processes.
Our innovation mission
- Develop solutions from the unique Borstar Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP) and cross-linked Polyethylene (XLPE) that provide sustainable value for customers and consumers, while focusing on our three Sustainability pillars (Profit, Planet, People)
- Apply our expertise in optimising our products' specifications to suit the market needs
- Provide excellent customer service
- Raise awareness about the importance of plastic products in the community
- Connect with industry and organisations to promote recycling
- Support the future leaders and innovative experts of the world
Innovation Centre, Abu Dhabi
In November 2015 H.H. Sheikh Nahyan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan inaugurated our state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Sas Al Nakhl in Abu Dhabi, which serves as a hub of innovation in the field of polymer development and application technology. With a focus on Research and Development (R&D), our scientists, researchers, engineers and lab technicians join forces to use the advanced technologies, equipment and testing machines across the laboratory to ensure our products are providing the best value to our customers.
We organise visits by academic institutions, universities and organisations raising awareness about the importance of plastics and polymer science and developing the future talent in this growing field. We have contributed to over 500 innovative patents that is over 30% of the total patents developed in the UAE, while around 20% of the Borouge sales volume is generated from new products developed in the centre.
Application Centre, Shanghai
Our Application Centre in Shanghai provides testing support and advance compounds for the automotive industry in the Asia North region. The facility focuses on developing the best resins to create a variety of mobility parts including bumpers, door panels and dashboard consoles.
- Product Research and Development
- Analytical and Physical Testing
- Intellectual Property Rights Patenting
- Social Activities and Academic Support
- Global Innovation Network